TRULOWE TALENT MANAGEMENT
CHILD PROTECTION POLICY
Trulowe Talent Management believes that it is always unacceptable for a child or young person to experience abuse of any kind and recognises its responsibility to safeguard the welfare of all children and young people by a commitment to practice which protects them.
We aim to provide safe participatory and creative opportunities for all the children and young people that we work with.
In order to do this we recognise that:
· The welfare of the child/young person is paramount.
· All children and young people whatever their age, culture, disability, gender, language, racial origin, religious beliefs and/or sexual identity have the right to equal protection from all types of harm or abuse.
· Working in partnership with children and young people, their parents, carers and other agencies is essential in promoting their welfare.
The purpose of the policy is:
· To provide protection for the children and young people who receive services from Trulowe Talent Management, including the children of adult members or users.
· To provide staff and volunteers with guidance on procedures they should adopt in the event that they suspect a child or young person may be experiencing, or be at risk of, harm.
We will endeavor to safeguard children and young people by: Valuing them, listening to and respecting them.
· Adopting child protection guidelines through procedures and a code of conduct for staff and volunteers.
· Recruiting staff and volunteers safely ensuring all necessary checks are made.
· Sharing information about child protection and good practice with children, parents, staff and volunteers.
· Sharing information about concerns with agencies who need to know, involving parents and children appropriately.
· Providing effective management for staff and volunteers through supervision, support and training.
We are also committed to reviewing our policy and good practice annually.